later

Steve's House

part one

Part two:


[The curtain opens on a living room set. Simple. Modern. On the couch: 5G, slumped and watching TV.]

5G: [Calling offstage] Hey! Are those cookies ready yet?
[Voice from offstage]: I'm just putting them on a plate now.
5G: Hurry up! This ain't Club Med, Cupcake!
[4G enters, wearing an apron and holding a plate of cookies.]
4G: You mean for me or you?
5G: What's that?
4G: Nothing.
5G: Yeah. That's what I thought.
[pause]
5G: Well, what are you just standing there for? Gimme those cookies!
[4G waddles to the couch and hands over the plate of cookies. 5G grabs them roughly and begins eating. 4G stares complacently at the TV for a moment.]
5G: Don't you have somewhere to be?
4G: Not really.
5G: You could think about vacuuming this dump.
4G: I did it this morning.
5G: Well, then go get me some milk for these cookies.
4G: [sighs] Alright.
[4G waddles off. TiVo enters.]
TiVo: What's up, buddy?
5G: Nothing. What you got?
TiVo: [Pulling a list from his pocket and reading from it.] Let's see here. We've got last night's 24, some SportsCenter, Lost and Hunt for the Red October.
5G: Hunt for the Red October?
TiVo: Don't look at me, man. I just do what I'm told.
[4G returns with the milk.]
5G: It's about time.
[5G takes the milk from 4G.]
5G: Hey, Sunbeam! Get in here and give me some sugar!
[Sunbeam bounds in, giggling. She plops down on the couch and cuddles up next to 5G. Downcast, 4G scrolls his click wheel and clicks on the 'Sunbeam' playlist. Nazareth's Love Hurts begins to play. Curtain.]

4 Responses to “later”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    When is 5G going to ditch Sunbean for a toaster oven?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Poor 4G. He's going to start drinking soon.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    "for me or for you?" -- i love it  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Chickie: start?  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.