« home | news nugget » | misplaced » | versatility » | glitz » | radio is cool again » | travel » | truth » | sop » | absence » | misunderstood »

update

When I don't post, it's usually because I've been too busy to think something up. I end the day without any ideas for this space because I've been too busy selling my other ideas to bosses and clients. Or breaking my back on dozens of menial tasks, like press releases and copy changes and regurgitated long-format text. And while I'm sure that sounds like a lie, I really am that busy. Writing here is how I slack off.

This week, there's been a flood of ideas for this space, but no time to type them out.

We leave for the Caribbean tomorrow morning, and it seems that I've had six weeks of work to do for the one that I'll be out. Sadly, frustratingly, maddeningly, I've had ideas this week that I haven't had time to type. They're just scribbles in my notebook. And they taunt my while I sleep. Four hours a night.

So while it may look like I’ve already left town, my vacation is just about to start. I’m not sure what internet access costs on the boat, but I imagine that it’s not cheap. So it looks like I won’t be putting anything up until Monday, October 23rd. In the meantime, here are a few of the many places where I go when I frequent the internets. Check 'em out. That is, if you want to.

[this blog will be titled when inspiration strikes me]
Jake Christie is a comedic genius. He's so smart, in fact, that I don't understand his most recent piece. At all. But I'm sure that it's very funny if you're into that sort of thing. There are days when Jake's talent makes me want to give up on writing and live in a dumpster, stealing boxed wine from Target and yelling at imaginary squirrels behind Oprah's house.

Eureka Blyth
Bekah wanted to name her baby Zoltan. What more do you need? Besides the photos, I mean.

Uncovering Signs of Life
Sarah is sometimes funny, sometimes serious and often so intellectual that I poop in my pants. And she's a great friend.

Seeking Sanctuary
B. Smith Wallace is an incredibly gifted writer and poet. She's an English professor. She may, however, be mentally deranged. She recently used my how to blog series to teach English to college students. And paired it with Flannery O'Connor.
[See? Shameless self-promotion is that easy.]

Savage Chickens
Chickens on a sticky note. Genius. And very, very funny.

What the Duck
A cartoon starring a camera-toting duck. Because I'm very into fowl. And it's very funny. If you're a photographer.

Some things to look forward to when I return (or shortly thereafter):
1. Painful self-inflicted torture at the DMV.
2. Open letters to fast food sides.
3. T-shirts.
4. The return of Poncho the Mexican Zebra.

That is all. Thanks for stopping by. See you when I see you.

6 Responses to “update”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    When Poncho comes back from the Caribbean, will he be black and tan instead of black and white?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Extremely sensitive skin means that Poncho has to wear lots of sunscreen, so probably not. Also, he doesn't want to lose his elite zebra status. The rules are very strict in terms of acceptable tones.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    you could've ended your appraisal of me like this:
    "sarah is sometimes funny, sometimes serious and all the times just full of poop."
    i think that would've been accurate, not saying yours wasn't..but, you know, accurate-ter.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Damn those zebras! All they care about is their looks. Their societal view on what appearance is acceptable is extremely detrimental to a young zebra such as Poncho. Maybe he needs therapy.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    swells- Actually, that sounds to me like a boldfaced lie. And I am no liar. Unless you count exaggeration as a lie.

    bekah- Maybe?  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You know you're a nerd when said post on Jake's blog makes perfect sense... uh oh.  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.