« home | priorities » | terms » | teamwork » | four » | swamped » | question mark » | defeat » | thinking man » | vegas baby vegas » | setback »

out

So about that three-week break I took that you probably didn’t notice.

I was busy. Not Normal Busy. Not I’m-So-Busy-I-Better-Take-A-Nap Busy. Really busy. Like I’m-So-Busy-I-Considered-Shooting-Myself-In-This-Face-This-Morning-Just-So-I-Could- Catch-A-Couple-Moments-Of-Peace-And-Quiet Busy. I’ve been writing like crazy. Just not here. TV spots, radio spots, print ads, brochures, booklets, advertorials and signs for the cutting room. And in addition to my regular work, I had the privilege of producing eight TV and radio commercials. Then, when I wasn’t at work, I was doing photography stuff. Shooting weddings, processing photos, putting books together. All in all, I think I churned out four months of work in the last three weeks. I feel old. And not Is-That-A-New-Wrinkle Old. Genuinely Need-A-Replacement-Hip-And-A-Bowl-Of-AllBran-Every-Morning Old. It sucks. When I turn fifty I’m going to pay an illegal immigrant to shoot me in the face so I can avoid ever having this feeling again. Lucky for me, things have calmed down. And I’m going on vacation at the end of the week. I still have a lot to do in terms of wedding photography stuff, but at least I won’t be going to the office for nine or ten hours every day.

Anyway, that’s why I didn’t post anything for a while. words will now re-sume its grand tradition of terrible writing and humorless comedy. Until next week, when I’m out of town and not posting. Thank you.

2 Responses to “out”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Now you can take a few days off and spend all that money that you just made.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Sadly, I already did. I had to buy a third D70 while one of them was in the shop.  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.