« home | crikey » | return » | smoke » | hold up » | travel » | heat » | premiere » | confusion » | planes » | headlines »

imitate

This is just to say

I found
some pizza in the fridge
behind the juice
and next to some
old Chinese.

It was cheesy
and delicious
still warm
and calling
for me.

You
were probably
saving it
for lunch tomorrow
or dinner tonight.

I
ate it.
I am not sorry.
I won't confess
when you ask tomorrow.

7 Responses to “imitate”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Shame on you.

    I had someone steal some cake from me out of the fridge at work. I am still bitter.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This is just
    so moving.
    It reminds me
    almost
    of Rosie O'Donnell's

    blog.

    But

    Then you'd have to
    stop
    using full sentences.

    So I guess
    it's not

    really

    like hers
    at all.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Rosie? Seriously? Please excuse me while I go hang myself...  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    And just so you know, Chickie, it was actually on the "please eat me" counter, where people put the food they've brought in to share or the leftovers from client meetings. But somebody took my Red Bulls out of the fridge while I was away in Austin, and pizza's nicer to write about than carbonated cough syrup.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    the rosie o
    blog
    makes me
    want 2 die  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    this is just to say

    I found some pizza
    in my fridge
    God only
    knows since when
    with mold
    on top
    and worms
    beneath
    . . .
    the mold's not bad
    but the worms
    . . .
    I put them
    in your
    plums  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yes! That is awesome.  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.