« home | open letter » | come and gone » | merry christmas » | weather » | yule » | yes » | the memo » | personals » | eagle eye » | vomit »

absence

So… it’s been a while.

Last Wednesday night, I got sick. For the third time in about as many weeks. Let me provide some context: between my freshman year of college and graduation, I was sick once. One time. I’m either dying or I’m already dead.

Anyway, I got home from a party Wednesday night [photos coming soon] and thought to myself as I walked through the front door, “Hmm. My stomach feels kind of funny.” I proceeded to the bathroom and puked my way to the sunrise. Then I took two or seven of something and fell asleep before my body could demand to be taken back to the bathroom.

When I woke up around noon, I felt like I might be able to make it into the office for the afternoon. My boss should see this. Talk about dedication. Well, I got halfway to office and realized that going in to work might have been the biggest mistake of my life. If you don’t count that time at the zoo. So I went in anyway and picked up uncle shiny. Then I went home and back to sleep.

I woke up for intravenous drugs at six and then returned to that dream I have where the world is made of cheese and I’m the king.

I woke up Friday morning feeling fantastic. So I went to the Sun Bowl [photos soon].

Then there was the weekend, New Year’s, and a day off yesterday. But I’m back. So you can once again look forward to the same lame jokes and shallow introspective review you’ve come to simultaneously love and hate. I don’t know about you, but I’m excited. See you tomorrow.

4 Responses to “absence”

  1. # Blogger Chickie

    Hey, if you're excited then I'm excited. Any photos coming soon of the puke spattered sunrise?  

  2. # Blogger Joe Fuel

    Bro. I hope you're not dying. I'll probably need more advice if they don't kick me off the production team tonight...  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Feel better soon.  

  4. # Blogger r.fuel

    My wife took care of me the next day even though she was puking, too.  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.