Ha!

I bet you thought that you had been spared today’s post.

You thought wrong.

My work computer exploded today. And when I say exploded, I mean sparked and fizzled out. And when I say sparked, I mean froze up. And when I say fizzled out, I mean wouldn’t start up again no matter what we tried.

So I went back to pen and paper for writing ads today. I know. The Stone Age. Sort of. It was terrible. Blue pen. Yellow legal pad. Cramped forearm.

Ironically, my old iMac G3 was upgraded just last week. I got a hand-me-down PowerMac G4 from one of the artists. I guess there’s a reason he didn’t want it anymore. Since we’re moving the first week in December, we cleared out all the office junk this weekend. And during that process, all the old computers, mine included, were sold. Two days ago, there were about twelve computers I could have used. Today, there were none. Flippin’ sweet.

6 Responses to “i'm tricky like that”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Ah, the double-edged sword of technology! Today my printer started acting up. Thankfully, however, all I had to do to get it working again was to give it one of those disapproving looks.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    The pen-legal pad combo has never worked for me. I've gotta have a #2 pencil and a spiral notebook.  

  3. # Blogger Joe Fuel

    Do you want to use my mini? I can bring it down this weekend.  

  4. # Blogger r.fuel

    neophyte- it won't fit in an iBook, will it?  

  5. # Blogger Chickie

    Are you maybe paying for some past transgression?

    Green ink looks so much prettier on yellow paper than blue.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    computer purgatory for you  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.