good stuff

They say that there’s no cure for the common cold. That’s a low-down dirty lie. There is a cure. It’s name is NyQuil.

I spent all day yesterday sitting at my desk writing radio spots, answering phone calls, sending and answering emails, and feeling generally like a used Kleenex floating in the mire of the Detroit sewer [which is, coincidentally, how I imagine Christian Bale’s kidneys might be feeling]. I was miserable.

I have trouble sleeping when I have a sore throat, a runny nose, a cough and enough mucous running down my windpipe to fill the South Pole-Aitken basin. So I took some NyQuil before I went to bed last night. And I feel spectacular1. I’m running on all2 cylinders. I’m back to 1003 percent.


1 alright
2 a few
3 75


Okay, so I’m not completely better. But 75% is still passing. I’m sure that after another tablespoon4 of NyQuil I’ll wake up tomorrow5 feeling good as new6.

4 bottle
5 Friday
6 good

3 Responses to “good stuff”

  1. # Blogger anaglyph

    Ha. Funny. I think all your campaigns should come with footnotes. Might start a new advertising trend!  

  2. # Blogger Joe Fuel

    Nice. I laughed hard enough to shoot water out my nose. Great. Now I have to clean my monitor...  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    They call him a NyQuil junkie
    He don't know what they mean
    but he just can't be satisfied
    until his tongue is green  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.