f/stop

Dear Mr. Jobs,

Please stop reading my mind. It’s quite disturbing and it makes me very uneasy. Plus, I’m not a huge fan of the tingly feeling. Or the burning sensation. The two of them together is just too much.

I have two words for you regarding the Aperture announcement this morning in New York. Hot. Dang.

The lack of a program like Aperture is the only thing that has kept me from owning a Mac of my own for photography purposes. Well, that and the fact that I have about zero dollars.

In my opinion, iPhoto has never really done a good job of organization for professionals. Don’t get me wrong. Windows isn’t any better. But Google distributes its exceptional Picasa program for free. But only for Windows. I’ve spent many sleepless nights wondering why Apple didn’t have anything similar.

But now I can finally get some rest. Aperture is everything I’ve ever wanted. That is, in terms of photography software. It’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a very narrow field of things. RAW image processing that won’t eat up hours at a time, project management and image organization, easy keyword application, image processing (nondestructive!), and archival reminders and organization.

You can expect my invoice for the mind-reading market research services any day now. I’ll accept payment in the form of Apple goods, if that’s more convenient. But you really should do something about your mind-reading techniques. Sometimes I shake for no reason. And scream. And hit people with staplers. But that could be from that squirrel incident. You never know, really.

Your fan,

robert fuel

6 Responses to “f/stop”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I hit people with staplers, too!  

  2. # Blogger r.fuel

    Neophyte: I noticed those rather stringent system reqs. Two words: RAW image processing that's as easy and fast as JPEG.

    Okay, ten words. But that's a lot of work for a processor. A whole lot. In thinking about processing RAW images that quickly, the systme requirements don't surprise me a bit.  

  3. # Blogger Joe Fuel

    Wow. I'm REALLY glad I don't have to work in your office. I think I might have been the first person you would consider beat with a stapler.

    One question. Was the stapler open at the time?  

  4. # Blogger r.fuel

    First: the incidents in question happened during uncontrollable, mind-reading-induced fits. I don't choose the targets. Or the timing.

    Second: I don't really remember.

    Third: my lawyer says I'm not supposed to talk about it.  

  5. # Blogger Joe Fuel

    Your lawyer? Dad?  

  6. # Blogger anaglyph

    Hey Rob,

    You might be intersted in this podcast from my friend David Biedny who is a professional graphics person. He has had a very thorough demo of Aperture:

    http://attentionphotoshoppers.libsyn.com  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.