update

I skipped a post on Friday. Maybe you noticed. Maybe you didn’t. I got tied up in open house preparation activities at the office and ran out of time for a post. I was tasked with ice procurement and photography. Clients and vendors came by to see our new space. With the hordes of people walking through, it was about 273 degrees Celsius. A couple people said it was hot as hell. I doubt that hell has a conference room full of delicious Mexican food or three enormous tubs of beer. I could be wrong.

Saturday meant a morning at the gym, a developing addiction to 24, band practice and a haircut. I decided to buzz my hair and thought it would be fun to go with a mohawk. I was right. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, Aimee hated it. She wouldn’t even look me in the face Saturday night. But the ‘hawk was awesome.

Sunday brought church, lunch with the grandparents and more 24. Aimee finally looked at me without puking at about three in the afternoon.

I shaved the ‘hawk this morning when I remembered that I had a meeting with a client today. And that my boss would strangle me if I showed up to the meeting with a mohawk…

[Agency team walks into conference room where Clients and Boss sit waiting.]
Boss: What in the –
Client 1: Uh.
Client 2: That’s, um…
Client 1: Uh.
Client 2: …different.
Boss: [sputtering] Professionalism! [Veins bursts in Boss’s head.]
Creative Director: Run, Robert.
Robert: What?
[Boss grabs Robert’s neck and begins strangling him.]
Boss: So, let’s get started. What are we meeting about today?
[Silence. Boss continues strangling Robert.]
Boss: Weren’t we going to talk about some possible media placement?
[Robert spasms.]
Boss: So…? Anyone?
Robert: [gurgling]
Boss: Oh, is this distracting you? [kicks Robert in the head]
[Roberts spams once more. Boss twists his neck with a jerk. Blood trickles slowly from Robert’s lips.]
Boss: [whispering] Shhh. Go to sleep.
[Boss lays Robert on the floor.]
Boss: [brushing off his hands and smiling] Alright then. Let’s get started.

I think I did the right thing in shaving it off. Although it would have been nice to have it for the trip to Austin tomorrow. I leave at eight in the morning to join the team from our office in the state capitol. It seems the scripts I’ve written for them have been trill enough to earn me a spot on the creative team for a pitch to a new client. And it’s a big one. I’m not sure how much time I’ll have for writing in this space, so I’ll be using words as a photoblog for the next few days. I get back from Austin on Thursday night and go back next Tuesday morning. Stay tuned for photos. Or check back on Friday for more syntaxtual fun.

5 Responses to “update”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Grow it back! Grow it back!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Amen to Anne  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Geez. I shouldn't have read that during breakfast. Have you ever laughed so hard it shot a Frosted Mini Wheat out your nose? Not good, I promise.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You put Frosted Mini Wheats in your nose?  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    College kids these days! What will they put up their noses next?  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.