Style-conscious city flags down bald cabbies

BEIJING (Reuters) - In a bid to spruce up the city's image, authorities in China's Nanjing are banning taxi drivers who are bald, wear their hair too long, have moustaches or wear too much make-up, media said Tuesday.

Smart move. Moustaches just smudge the lip liner anyway.

The report did not mention penalties for drivers that break the rules, but did say that cabbies who refused to pick up passengers could be kept off the streets for up to 15 days.

Repeat offenders will be tarred and feathered.

In other news, New York will continue to do absolutely nothing about cab drivers with horrendous body odor and names with seven to fourteen consonants in a row.

9 Responses to “news nugget”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    names with seven to fourteen consonants in a row... what are they supposed to do kick them off the streets? the B O is one thing, it's a problem, but someone's name should stop them from getting a job? wow, racism at it's best, great, I thought this was a slightly civilized world, at least I thought americans had some civilization. The point? the racist comments are never appreciated... EVER, so giver a rest. :)  

  2. # Blogger r.fuel

    Wow. I didn't realize anyone took me seriously.

    Because they shoudn't. Settle down.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Ok, ok, but post something about the IPod Nano, I want your humorous comment on this unimaginable turn of events.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow there, fuzzball, thats my dad. He can be anonymous if he wants and you should settle down too. I dont think that r.fuel, my brother, and creator of this blog will appreciate this comment on his father.
    So settle down. Don't comment on things you don't know about.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    that anonymous is not really "the anonymous". thanks for trying to back me up, though. (i thought you'd recognize my voice.)

    anyway ... "fuzzball" is a name?

    you all are killing me!  

  6. # Blogger r.fuel

    As the wise man said, "It is all good in the hood."

    Thanks, Jim, for jumping in. I understand the confusion, but the fuzzball was responding to the non-Pop anonymous commenter. I can take any of these comments down, including the first, but I chose not to. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, unless it's spam or I find it offensive.

    And Pop, I recognized your voice, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: confusion like this could be avoided if you would stay away from the anonymous tag. You don't even have to give your real name, just let us know it's you.

    Fuzzball, thanks for jumping in, too.

    It's nice to know I have friends (and family, Jim) who will back me up. But any argument beyond the initial commenter's accusations of racism are just the result of confusion.

    We can all get along; I know it. Can you feel the love?  

  7. # Blogger r.fuel

    No worries. Comments are always welcome. Even if you call me a racist and defame the country I love.

    If you choose to insult me, however, I will respond to your comment. And if your insults are unwarranted, the odds are pretty good that I will begin to mock you in addition to everything else. Just so you're prepared.  

  8. # Blogger r.fuel

    I didn't mean to say that fuzzball was the one calling me a racist. She wasn't. It was the first anonymous commenter (who is not Pop) that called me racist and said America is uncivilized.

    I never imagined that this post would spark such controversy and confusion. What a mess.  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Sorry... I didnt understand. Sorry Fuzzball.  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.