« home | » | tiny fires » | tongue lashing » | meet & eat » | loneliness » | the mob connection » | watch out » | » | bad news » | finally »

tech

Everyone in the creative department at work is getting brand-new G5's. Well, everyone but me. I guess they think that I can't be trusted with that much raw, unharnessed computing power. So I get to keep my trusty, rusty G4. As a special treat, though, I will get to upgrade to OS X Tiger. You know, so I can keep up with everybody on their shiny new G5's. Theoretically. Right now, it looks as though my G4 is even too geriatric to run the OS X installation disc. Maybe they'll give me a slide rule instead. Or perhaps I'll get two rocks that I can bang together. Let's hope they spark...

4 Responses to “tech”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    can't you get someone else's old G4  

  2. # Blogger r.fuel

    Well, OS X installed okay after a few tries. And once the other G4's are scrapped, mine will get their spare parts and a new outlook on life.  

  3. # Blogger r.fuel

    I just hoping that the situation (and the line about banging rocks together) would be funny to some people.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    it was funny to me

    and vaguely familiar  

Post a Comment



words © 2006-2008
All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited without proper consent.